Subject: [Leica] Re: slotted battery cover
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:48:06 EST

<< > So I don't see why they are not available anywhere else???

Odd that. When you say 'readily available' do you mean that you know stores

that have them in stock? I have had to quote the part number to official

distributors in order to get them to admit the item exists. Solms told me

that they have only produced 'some hundred pieces in 2-3 years' and that

they have none in stock now but 'maybe next year'. Not what I would call

'readily available'.

They are not mentioned in the system handbook/catalogue, published price

lists, instruction books nor brochures.

OTOH when I asked at Hansen's and elsewhere in NYC last year they were not

available and in most places never heard of. Likewise in UK. Hansen's did

try to sell me a second hand one from one of the cameras belonging to a

member of the sales team for $60 though. I declined.>>

I do not believe these are that easy to get...but Leica does get them from
time to time.

In any case, I do have them in stock. I can't quote the price for fear of the
"Friday" police...but it is less than the price you suggest and more than the
price others are quoting! <GGG>

Probably, like many parts, Leica puts them out from time to time and then
runs out of them until the next run. Try to get the little "basket" piece for
an Abrahamsson winder this week and you'll know what I mean. ;-)

cheers,
Rich