Subject: [Leica] re: how does one leicastack?
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:16:21 -0500 (EST)

martin howard commented:

>I think this photo is brilliant.  It goes against every known rule of
>photography, but somehow it's still just brilliant.
>
>    http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/pad/46/leicastacking.jpg

now geez martin, you should already know my rules of photography -- six
martini's six rolls of film and you're ready to go.

>So, of course, I'm now going to completely ignore all its aesthetic value
>or mertis as a photograph and ask: What camera and flash did you use, and
>how did you expose it?

meter for the background (about 1 sec at f8), pop the flash for the
foreground and wiggle the camera around a little while the shutters open.
this is where the martini's come in handy. i didn't invent it, i just like
the way it looks. in fact, the best use i've seen of it is charles
peterson, who wrote "screaming life" about the seattle music scene. one of
his images can be seen on the cover of soundgarden's "louder than love".

>And what's that I see!?  FOUR olives in a martini!??  Don't you know the
>correct answer to the question: How many olives should you put in a
>martini, two or three?  ;)
>
>The answer is two.  Leaves more room for martini ;)

you're better off with four if those monsters from seattle are forcing you
to balance your m3 on top of an m4-2, two m6's a collapsible summicron and
a bent piece of metal that some drunk is claiming to be a rare visioflex
housing but looks more like an engine part from a toyota.

keep pressing that shutter button, it'll come unstuck.

kc