Subject: Re: [Leica] 14127 vs 14167
From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2000 21:41:10 -0800

On Mon, 13 November 2000, "SML" wrote:

> The 14167 adapters that I have have the 3rd null cam only with no aperture
> scale.  How does it work without aperture setting?  In any case with any of
> the R bodies, isn't it working as stop-down metering with the adapter?  No
> matter what, isn't it stop-down metering.  In other words, the 14127 or
> 14167 just allows you to mount the Viso lens.  Am I still missing something
> here?

David,

Either adapter is for mounting a Viso lens on an R or SL body and you use stop-down metering.

The 14127's aperture scale is used only with the Leicaflex Standard to get a meter reading with its external meter (it has no functional effect with other Leica reflex bodies).  Looking through the viewfinder, the exposure is set using the shutter speed as usual and the aperture ring on the 14127.  Once you've set the exposure, take the camera from your eye, look at the f-stop on the 14127's aperture simulator ring, and transfer that f-stop to the lens' actual aperture ring.  Clumsy at best.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento