Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V18 #180
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:28:55 -0600

- ------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000

> Jeff S jotted down the following:

> Starting with a clean chrome single-stroke M3, serial number 1M+ :
> -Change to M4-type film loading(etc)...
> -Change flash synch sockets to modern types

Modern types?  As far as I'm concerned, the Leitz contacts are the more
advanced.  They never should have gone to PC on the M4, etc.  I modify my
flash cords with tips from old Leitz units so I can take advantage of their
better security (for my M3 and M2).  I wish the industry had standardized
on these.

Alan Magayne-Roshak