Subject: RE: [Leica] VueScan
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:08:57 -0700

I find it a great add on, as it where, for my existing scanner software. It
takes a little while to get used to the interface, which isn't really
intuitive (but heck, it's only about $40.00).

I find it gives me more control in certain areas where my Canon software
(FS2710) doesn't. So I tend to use it for difficult images. The multi pass
option (which the Canon software doesn't have) is one I used the most - I
think you can do up to 30 passes or something.... I usually settle for 4 or
5. It has some nice dust removal features. Also a wide range of film
profiles listed - among several other things.

Check if it supports the Scan Dual II - if not, ask Ed and he may well add
it. He seems to update the software about once a week, usually for new
scanners, but also adding other odd features here and there. He also answers
a lot of questions on the Filmscanner list, as well as posting when there
are new updates.

So, for $40.00 + bucks, I find it a pretty useful extra.

Tim A