Subject: [Leica] R8 grading
From: Thomas Donovan <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:28:47 -0500

Mike Johnston,

             >>Uh-oh, my name's in a thread again<<

Sorry, didn't mean to set off any unnecessary alarms ;-)!

     >>Until such time as I shoot with it for three months<<

I'm guessing that it would take that amount of time to appreciate it.

>>Most of my comments in the past have reflected either my personal<<
         >>taste, or an appraisal of its marketability, or its
reliability<<

Reliability issues are in the past....let's hope;-)!  Personal taste; no
debate!
Marketability; well known problems. How do you market a product that lacks
many of the "bells & whistles" of its competitors..........with more savvy?

As I hopefully clarified in my last MSG, the R8 is a unique blend of
"subtle"
features, that truly enhances my photography..... and hand-held results
with
the R8/35 f2 are "magical" ;-)!

Tom D.