Subject: [Leica] 14127 vs 14167
From: "SML" <inyoung@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:09:04 -0000

Hello,

  Today I was testing my 125/2.5 Hektor with OUBIO and 14127 on my Leicaflex
SL and came to wonder about the 14127 and the 14167.  It is my understanding
that the 14127 is for the Leicaflex Standard while the 14167 is for the SL
and SL2.  Come to think of it, all Viso lenses are manual lenses anyway.
The why do I bother to use the 14167 with the SL or SL2?  Why can't I use
the 14127?  In any case, I have to use stop-down metering.  Is there
anything that I am missing here?
  Another question that I had with the 14167 was its cam.  I have two
14167's which look brand-new.  They have the 3rd cam.  I thought they should
have two cams to be used on the SL or SL2 just like the 2 cam lenses.  What
am I missing here?
  Anyway, the Hektor outfit with the 14127 worked beautifully on my SL.

Thanks,
David Lee

Message from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] Off Topic.... 4x5 Arista FIlm Problem)