Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol experience
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:12:11 -0800

Dan Post wrote:

> Erwin-
>
> I was fascinated by your post. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Good
><Snip> tives done in the old Microdol-X seemed thinner than they actually were!
>
> I agree with you, Erwin, that some sort of 'densitometer' is almost  a
> necessity (Sorry, Mark! I gotta disagree with you!- but I still love ya!).
> For most of my needs, and the needs of my friends, the good ole Beseler
> color analyzers make pretty decent 'densitometers',><Snip>

Dan again i have nothing of course against densitometry.
It is a great thing.
Not sure that if i had one it would have constant use but at the beginning I'd
play with it franticly for a year or so, time permitting.
It's just the probes i rebel against!! The closed loup no test strip approach to printing.
All loops should be open and assessable to diversity!
As in get a timer which beeps or get a metronome and make test strips...
real hard evidence!
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/