Subject: [Leica] Leica M3 focus question
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 23:22:08 -0400

Hi luggers.
I recently picked up a user M3 with an early serial number of 785xxx. When I
mounted a sumitar with an M adapter on it everything worked fine.  I then
tried my current series summicron and the rangefinder stopped moveing before
the lens had reached its closest focusing distance.  I know the newer
summicrons focus closer than the first M series summicrons so am I exceding
the range of the early rangefinder or is there a problem with this particular
range finder.  As I said with the summitar and M adapter the range finder
image moves to the end of the lens travel but with the newer summicron the
range finder stops moving before the end of the lens travel.
John Shick