Subject: Re: Caveat Konica Hexar RF (or Re: [Leica] Focusing Hexar RF with Leica lenses) LONG
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 19:00:37 -0800

a lugger once opined:

>In summary I can safely say that while the Hexar RF may be a fine body to
>use with Konica Hexar RF lenses, it doesn't really make the grade with my
>Leica-M lenses or my LTM Lenses in M-Adapters.
>[snip]

i don't mean to be snide but, if i recall, konica never said that leica
lenses would couple properly to the hexar rangefinder, and have assumed
that that was why they make their own lenses. (if the hexar were simply to
be the electronic equivalent of an m camera, why would they have bothered
to invest in lenses that no one would otherwise want?)

it seems kind of unfair to buy the hexar on the assumption that one's leica
lenses will mount as they do on the leica body for which they were intended
when the manufacturer expressly states that they do not guarantee proper
coupling, and then complain that it won't work.

guy

Replies: Reply from ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com> (Re: Caveat Konica Hexar RF (or Re: [Leica] Focusing Hexar RF withLeica lenses) LONG)