Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Meeting at Photo Expo East 2000
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:03:38 -0600

Money maker?!. They have the stuff in stock right now and it is not moving.
You can buy vulcanite from Leica but... :-) ....it is applied by heat to the
camera shell so they can only sell complete replacement shells. My user M2
was starting to get a little too user even for me, so, I enquired of Leica
as to the cost of re-shelling. The shell alone is $600C and there is a chunk
of labour on top of that. Contrast that with $100C for a replacement M6 type
cover INSTALLED and the fact that the M6 stuff is more durable. You do the
math.

John Collier