Subject: Re: [Leica] Gandy's preference
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:09:53 -0800

I tend to prefer the 35 over the 40, but it's probably just because I am more used
to it, not because of any magic superiority of that focal length.

my favorite all time lens is the fabulous, almost impossible to find,  incredible
24-600/1.4 Auto Likkorice Schtick on my Leikon SR XVII Semi-Single Instamashun
Super-Flex Model C Outside Lens Reflex.  You can find the Modern Photography Test
report of of this wonderful camera and lens combination in the April 1967 issue,
page 91.  (really, go to your local library and look it up, this classic test IS
there).  My gawwdd the images from this lens are to die for.   gives the best test
charts I ever ate.  it's important to be at one with your work.

Stephen Gandy