Subject: [Leica] Re: Zeiss, 35mm, lenses
From: "Richard Setchim" <rvys@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:20:35 GMT

Mike Johnstone wrote:

>I've always been very frustrated by the fact that there is no Zeiss >Contax
>35mm f/2, never has been, never will be.

I agree this is sad especially when the 35mm f2 Distagon in Contarex mount
was and still is such a magnificent lens.

Do get a chance to use the Distagon if you can. I changed from Zeiss SLRs to
Leicaflexes when Zeiss-Ikon ceased manufacture but when I can carry only one
SLR camera it is still the Contarex Super + 35mm Distagon + 85mm Sonnar + 3
interchangeable backs! The pictures they take have an impact which is equal
to those from the Leitz 35mm ASPH and 90mm APO, which I also treasure.

Regards,
Richard Setchim
London