Subject: [Leica] Street photography using LF (Was: DOF, Perspective etc.)
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:33:29 -0500

Which makes me wonder... has anyone ever tried street photography with a
large format camera?  If one could manage to plant the beast in a shady
corner somewhere so as not to be _too_ conspicuous, couldn't wide, candid
shots be taken covering much of the scene and then later enlarged and
cropped to bring out only the interesting components?

That might be a lot easier than trying to inconspicuously shoot up close
with an M6 and 35 or 50.  Basically, with the large format, you'd get out of
the way during the shooting and do your composing in the darkroom rather
than in the finder.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Garry Winogrand was considering
using LF before he died.

Dan

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Street photography using LF (Was: DOF, Perspective etc.))