Subject: [Leica] Re: Kid candids
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 04:47:22 -0800 (PST)

Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> wrote:

> One of the hardest jobs I've had lately was photographing kids in a
> playground for McDonalds.

I can imagine!  The easiest way I've found is to use a long, fast lens
mounted on a tripod with a good pan head.  Pick out some good shots,
and wait for them to come to you.  If they're having fun on the slide,
somebody is going to climb up and pause momentarily at the top.  Snap.
Got him.  On the swings?  Focus near the back of the arc.  Snap.
Snap.  Snap.  Gotta take several of these, as their facial expressions
will be different each time.  Focus near the front of the arc.  Snap.
Snap.  Snap.  What could be easier?  Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Small, hyperactive, squirmy fish that don't stand still for long.  In
a very big barrel.  But still, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
:)