Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: Summitar, Elmar, Jupiter
From: "jan schuller" <janschuller@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:19:22 CET

Stanislaw,

I'm using three different 50mm screwmount lenses on a IIIc: The 2/5 Summitar
(from 1950), 2.8/5 Elmar (1957 i think) and the 3.5/5 Industar (No idea when
it was built) which seems to be copy of the 3.5/5 Elmar.

I'm not much into lens testing. However, at f3.5, the Industar appears to
produce better sharpness in the edges. At f8, sharpness is about the same in
all three lenses. The two Leitz lenses are very similar in the way they
reproduce colours and both are clearly different from the Industar. I'd say
that the Elmar and Summitar have a 'warmer' rendition as compared to the
Industar. Vignetting at f11 is less (!) pronounced in the Industar.

The consequence is that, for outdoors, I use the Industar. The Summitar is
used indoors.

Regards
Jan