Subject: [Leica] Re: San Francisco Coast Guard flight - aerial photos
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 20:56:58 -0800

From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>

> You know, I saw your message on the LUG a day or two after I saw a Coast
> Guard C-130 at SFO . . .

Great coincidence Byron! USCG C-130 1601 out of the Sacramento airstation
had just landed at SFO for about a half hour of pilot briefings before it
took off in the photo you took. (What a great way to entertain your son!)

I followed about two minutes later in a USCG Dolphin HH-65A helicopter
loaded with camera gear. Here's a quick scan of one of the photos at
http://www.humboldt1.com/~datamaster/USCG%20C-130%20Golden%20Gate%20North%20
Tower.jpg

It was taken with a Hasselblad ELM and 100mm f3.5 lens using Fuji RMS
100/1000 rated at 200, 1/500th at f5.6. There are some good Leica images,
too, so I'll try to keep things on topic with some more postings and perhaps
a story on the LUG sometime soon. Right now I'm still catching up from the
two days out of town.

In the photo you can see (looking north) a light colored building along the
water just to the right of the bridge cable in the background. That is the
USCG boat station Golden Gate, where I stayed, met some fine "Coasties" and
had some great photo ops of the 47' motor surf boats (moored along the dock
in the photo just below the building).

Glad to hear another LUGger shared in the C-130 photo flight!

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger