Subject: [Leica] Whoa there
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 19:10:15 -0600

>>> I still think the Leica R line is better than anything else taken as a
> whole. The cameras rate no better than a B on the grade scale, and maybe
> that's being charitable; <<
>
> Whoa professor! Is this from the Philosophy Department, or the School of
> Engineering?

Dude, I own an R camera. I've got nothing against them.

I've also been reviewing cameras professionally since 1988, and I bet I've
used more different cameras for longer (1-3 months use was standard for any
full review) than anybody on here, with the exception of Stephen Gandy. Most
people, anyhow. I've got, whaddayacall, perspective on the matter.

The R cameras rate no better than a B compared to the rest of what's out
there. You were obviously a straight-A student if you think that's such an
insult. <g>

- --Mike