Subject: Re: [Leica] That funky feeling
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 17:30:06 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:

> > Real photographers don't care about connoisseurship or someone else's
> > feeble attempt at grading a camera system. What one person fondles and
> > dislikes
>
> Hmm, I've got that strange feeling again. Very uncomfortable...sort of like
> I've got a brick up my ass. Happens every so often.
>
> Wonder what that is....
>
> --Mike

Which you'd get from the many others here on the lug using Leica R camera who
don't feel they are using a mediocre body to support their first rate glass and
resent the cavalier way in which you presented that viewpoint.

Again the obvious tact would be something like this:

"Lugnuts I've been shooting my new 50 Summilux with my R# camera (or Leicaflex)
and I've put lots of film though the camera the past weeks/months and getting
great shots but i just wish the camera was not such a clunker!!!"

"It's OK when i do this but not OK when i do that"

"but unexpectedly I've discovered this about it..."

"but it's failed  to live up to it's this and that when i did that with it..."

Tell us your experiences, Mike. Don't try to just lay down the law.

mark rabiner