Subject: RE: [Leica] Exposing TMAX 400 vs Tri-X
From: "Bob Gibson" <retail.shops@stonebow.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 08:16:28 +1300

Hi Peter
Regarding the curve.
Without getting into too much detail the curve is a plot of image densities.
It is sort of a bit S shaped. The bottom or toe shows the base density of
film, as you progress up the curve you get to the area where shadow detail
is recorded and then onto the midtones which tend to be in a more straight
line part of the curve. The top of the  curve starts to flatten out and this
is the highlight area.
You use this sensotometry info to evaluate film/developer/subject
combinations.
I can go into more detail if required.
Regards
Bob