Subject: Re: [Leica] Exposing TMAX 400 vs Tri-X
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:39:45 -0800

Peter Shier wrote:

> So do you always shoot TMAX 400 at 320?
>
> What about TMAX 100?. I gave the same lab a roll of 120 TMAX 100 along with
> that test and it was fine.
>
> Could you explain the curve stuff to a novice?
>
> Peter

Every film/developer combination has a characteristic curve. I think they are
also called H+R curves.
The toe in the bottom left and the shoulder for the highlights in the top right.
It is usually and S curve but can be almost straight.
Ever go in the command M curves thing in Photoshop to lighten or darken an image?
mark

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Exposing TMAX 400 vs Tri-X)