Subject: Re: [Leica] why a 35 mm lens
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 22:33:00 -03-30

> >> For me, I find that anything less than 50mm is an "in your face "
> >> style.

 From a photojournalism or documentary point of view, "...in your
face..."  places the viewer in a more intimate relationship with the
subject.  Assuming, of course, that the photographer has the guts or social
skill to get intimate with the subject,  It puts the viewer "THERE" with
the subject. Not on the periphery looking in.  The viewer is not allowed to
be a voyeur but forced to deal with the subject at hand and not hide behind
the photographer.

...35mm is reality.

Remember, " ... if you are not close enough......."

35mm is the standard view. Sometimes this is not wide enough and a 21 or 24
is called for.

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> ([Leica] Cameras with AF IR Focusing)