Subject: Re: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?
From: Don Lawrence <DLawrence@fkp.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:32:56 -0600

>May I ask those luggers who use the 35mm (or shorter) lens MORE than
>any other, if they can explain why they do so.  For instance, is it
>ease of use or do you actually like the results.
>
>For me, I find that anything less than 50mm is an "in your face "
>style.
>
>TIA
>Alan

The 35mm viewpoint has the feel of a rather natural one.
Perhaps is stems from so many years of exposure that 35mm focal length
viewpoint.
100's of P&S class cameras hover around this viewpoint.
Personally I am happy with a 35 or 50. But, if taking photos with more than
one person as the subject the 50mm can seem a bit crowded.
In the end it's a subjective call based upon experience, expectations, and
aesthetics.

Don