Subject: Re: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 06:12:10 -0800

Alan Hull wrote:

> John and others.  I find it interesting that so many luggers seem to
> prefer the 35mm lens.  When I was starting out in photography the most
> common advice was ... Fill the frame.  Followed by ... but do not get
> too close because of perspective distortion.
>
> May I ask those luggers who use the 35mm (or shorter) lens MORE than
> any other, if they can explain why they do so.  For instance, is it
> ease of use or do you actually like the results.
>
> For me, I find that anything less than 50mm is an "in your face "

Hi Alan,
I use mine simply because it fits more to how I see the world and has
nothing to do whether it's a 35 or 50. I suppose an almost automatic
compositional factor. Besides, sometime when I have to wear an M6 under a
suit jacket the 35 1.4 Summilux sans hood fits quite nicely with out it
looking like I've a Glock six shooter there. ;-)

ted