Subject: RE: [Leica] Court this
From: "Jay Coleman" <jcoleman.interport@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:34:50 -0800

Amen.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Ted
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2000 7:30 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

somebody wrote:

> > Why not have Leica make an EFFORT to COURT the LUG at this, and other
shows?

> Mike Jonston replied: :-)

actually terrified of the wild negative publicity our endless rumor
mongering and
disputatiousness might trigger?    Naaaaaaah.... <<<<<<<<

Hi Mike and others,
Imagine yourself the CEO of Leica, and then look back at the conversations
of the
past two weeks. I mean conversations in the loosest of terms, if we could
call
them that.

Now ask yourself,  "Do I want this weird lot of Leica fringe freak LUGNUTS
 and
folks usually LUGNUT is used in a nice warm group atmosphere)  representing
my
company?"   In this case it really would mean, "NUTS!" Head cases, el bento
freako's.

Is there full moon at the moment or other weird something for this great
group of
human beings to almost all become a bunch of head cases every few months or
so? We
can be so damn supportive, helpful and an extremely caring group of people
from
day to day, then all of a sudden it's gone in the blink of an eye or twist
of a
word!

We can be so damn down to earth helpful for weeks, some times months and
then
"WHAM IN YER FACE" it's like a herd of piranha  ripping at each other about
something that in reality has absolutely nothing to do with the day to day
realities of taking pictures with a Leica,  or any other make of camera.

And whomever asked, "Why not have Leica make an EFFORT to COURT the LUG at
this,
and other shows?<<

To answer this I come back to the CEO of Leica answering the above
question.......... "Get lost mon ami el freakos! "

Think about it! Do you folks have any idea how collectively moronically dumb
assed
stupid we look in the eyes of the management of  Leica every time we get all
snitty assed as we've seen this past couple of weeks? It's no wonder Leica
really
doesn't take this connection as a gospel bunch of  Leica users!  Would you?

I love you all for what you have given to me over the years, but my heavens
sometimes I think the LUG should be on the dark side of the moon!

ted

Replies: Reply from "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Court this)