Subject: Re: [Leica] R6.2 vs R8
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 18:52:03 -0500

Douglas Herr jotted down the following:

> I like the classic simplicity, light weight and minimal battery dependance of
> the R6.2, but the R8's ergonomic design and the fantastic viewfinder and the
> half-stop shutter speed increments in manual mode would persuade me to buy it
> over the R6.2.

Why o why cannot Leica release an R9 which has the shell of the R8, the
flash circuitry of the R8, but a mechanical shutter a la R6.2.  Hell, even
without TTL flash circuitry, flash pre-metering, and a sync speed of 1/100s,
it would still be the best Leica R to date.  You'd still have three metering
modes (matrix, centre-weighted, spot) but only manual exposure.  Sweet.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | "We can't make mistakes like that on our
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   |  own. We need computers to help us."
email: howard.390@osu.edu     |     -- A pharmacologist on computerization