Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70 f/2.8 R Zoom - Why is it so difficult to get ?
From: "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:36:30 -0500

I don't know what has been said   in response to this, but. This is a very,
very difficult lens to produce. It really is one of the top lens that is
made and is as good or better than the primes it covers. They are making
less than 100 a yr for the US and really are very behind in orders that they
currently have taken. You will not find Leica telling us about any more lens
that are coming out (FOR THE R ANY WAY)  till they are ready to send to the
distributors.
Cheers Wilber