Subject: Re: [Leica] Developer Question Again
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:24:19 -0800

"Lee, Ken" wrote:

> Thanks for the tips Mark. I don't know if my SS reels have gotten bent in
> storage or I've gotten less coordinated in the 6 or 7 years since I used
> them, but I could not load a reel properly in 20 attempts in the daylight so
> I used my Jobo tanks, but off the machine. The 5 reel tank holds about
> 1200ml so it worked well for 4 rolls at 1:2. Based on past experience on the
> JOBO with Xtol and a developing session straight out of the Keystone cops, I
> overdeveloped the TriX somewhat, but this combination is very forgiving. I
> also developed 2 rolls of TMY and they are really thin. I think I am going
> to stick to TriX for a while.
>
> Ken

Oxidation I guess is an issue with the Jobo so don't dilute too much.
My first try with a film/develper combination I'm happy if I can print the negs
and I usually can.
But it usually gives me enough info to nail the time right the next time i run it.
And I'll fine tune the third and so on.
Thin? more time.
highlights too dense?: less time
Any starting time anyone or Kodak gives you is just a starting time.
Too many mysterious hidden variables.
But the next time we should always just be able to adjust with our times.
Mark