Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Books
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 09:56:58 -0700

Do not buy any Leica books!! You will waste your time getting this "must
have" lens or that "could not have nailed the shot without it" accessory!
One lens, one film and take lots of photos. When your set up is not doing
something, then just find out what you need to correct that problem only.

I started out with an M2, 50/2 and a handheld meter; and now, after
purchasing almost every ridiculous M accessory available new and used, I
find that I use an M body with a 35 lens for about 99% of my shooting. I
have a closet full of stuff I use for maybe a roll or two or less a year!
Right when I got my M2 with a 50/2, I knew I wanted a 35, I did not need to
waste countless hours reading books describing things to find that out! I
knew it already!

Leica books just seem to get one interested in solutions to problems you are
not having. If you must buy photography books, buy books of photography! You
will learn much more by looking at photographs, and other graphic arts, and
experimenting.

Oh yeah...sign off this list while there is still time!

Cheers,

John Collier

Who has just ordered two more Leica books....Sigh