Subject: [Leica] Re: russian camera for my 8 year old -- dear god no!
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 06:27:05 -0800 (PST)

Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com> wrote:

> no man no! get them an agfa e-smile digital camera for $99 and let
> them shoot all day and night.

I'd suggest almost anything *other* than the Agfa eSmile.

Agfa is downright deceptive with that camera.  Plastered all over,
they say 640x480 resolution.  In fact, that's the only picture size it
produces.  What they *never* mention on the box or in the manual is
that it is a 320x240 picture with all the pixels doubled.  The
pictures are downright fuzzy unless you use photoshop to resample back
to 320x240.

Yes, it's a cheap camera.  And yes, I don't expect that much from a
<$100 camera.  But I do expect a little integrity.  Agfa could have at
least mentioned *somewhere* that it's a 320x240 image.  Nope.

It will be a long time before I buy an Afga digital product again.