Subject: [Leica] Digital progress
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 18:39:40 +0000

> Conventional estimates say that a 35mm negative has about 20Mb

I know, from photo agency I work with that Time/People, Newsweek, etc.,
typically want 30-40mb files for full page and cover images.  Doesn't
mean they always get it, but that's what they want from 35mm.  I've done
drum scans of 35mm at 70mb to use for compositing and outputting to
4x5.  Major differences from Kodak Photo CD 18mb file, let me tell you.

Just to bring things back to real world.

donal
Donal Philby
San Diego
www.donalphilby.com