Subject: Re: [Leica] filters again!
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 15:00:38 -0800

>For a long time now, my solution to those few LUGgers who irritate me is to
>apply a filter that sends messages from them directly to the Trash folder
>without being read.  Erwin is NOT one I filter out in this way.  In fact, he
>would be one of the last I would filter.  But if he irritates you (not you
>personally, Bob, the LUG in general), why not just apply a filter and ignore
>him, and let the rest of us who enjoy (or at least appreciate) his unique
>contributions continue to do so?  The fact that a person makes the effort to
>complain about Erwin, rather than just ignore him, suggests to me that they
>hold him in higher esteem than they might like to admit.
>
><<<<<
>
>I can't understand why anyone would filter anyone else? I don't filter
>anything because for me, the LUG is pure entertainment. Why would I filter
>anyone? Doesn't make sense. Plus I'm on the digest.
>Rob.

i find the 'filter messages' to be among the most ridiculous posted to the
lug. like the 'i'm leaving' messages, they are veiled threats to the
unrepentant hordes who are promised instant and complete virtual
anihilation (the extremists call such filters 'kill files') lest they
'straighten up and fly right.'

why on earth should anyone care a fig about whoever lugger x might be
filtering? i for one welcome it: if nothing else, the fact that x is
filtering y means that there will be one less knee-jerk response to the
filtered post by some headstrong, intolerant list member.

guy