Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin Puts
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 06:36:17 +0000

Friends

From what I have read in the many posts concerning Erwin, I gather that one
can either like him or dislike him. Those who dislike him seem offended by
his style of putting his ideas across, his style of evaluating lenses and
cameras, and his style of a non-compromising stand concerning Leica
quality. Erwin is a strong personality and, like many other who are serious
about their knowledge, are not the type who beat around the bush and mince
their words. I can relate to this kind of personality because I have met
and mix with many of the same kind in my part of the woods. These people
are sincere personalities, good with their work, serious about their
commitments, and are people that I would trust their opinions with. Yet,
these same people are not the most diplomatic of earthly beings and would
probably fail dismally if they had gone into politics!

When I read Erwin's posts, I gain knowledge from his findings and opinions.
Being more of a user of lenses for artistic purposes, I may not agree with
his  conclusions.  But the knowledge that I have gained ffrom him would
enable me to advise another person who would benefit from using a lens of,
say, ASPH quality of current vintage.

Dan K.