Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Walt, you are dead wrong
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 15:38:58 -0500

This reminds me of the time a took my 75mm Summilux in to a local repair
guy to repair what turned out to be a  loose front element.  When he showed
me the problem, I thought that it would take him no more than a few minites
to do the repair, and asked him if he could do it while I waited.  He
replied by holding out his hands and in an exagereated manner, shook them.
He said that he only undertakes this sort of repair before 10 am while he
was still fresh.   So even though the work looks simple, it is still a
precise piece of equipment that is worth thousands of dollars, and repairs
are not to be taken lightly.

He did a fine job by the way, and the lens was ready the following day.

Dan C.