Subject: Re: [Leica] 15 mm M lens
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:50:50 -0500

I'm trying to come up with cheap filter adapters for the Heliar-15 too.  I
want to shoot some High Speed Infrared with it.  I'm thinking along the
lines of dixie cups and cardboard frames (all blackened) for gelatin
filters.  Something that slides over the whole lens and cones out enough to
not vignette when extended enough to get something in front of the lens.

The viewfinder is so bright that the M4 seems dark by comparison.  It
doesn't give you a true rendition of what the final picture will look like
since the vf is of the fish-eye type (curvey).  It's more of an aiming
guide.

After a few rolls though I pretty much learned not to put people too close
to the edge anyway.  The best pix are those that don't look like they were
taken with a superwide.

Mike D