Subject: [Leica] leica, erwin, bokeh, gijoe, and the whole damn thing
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:32:58 -0800

>    First, let's observe that the above quote is a paraphrase of one from
>Duke Ellington, with reference to music.  Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens, for the
>technophiles) said, "Wagner's music isn't as bad as it sounds."  In context,
>the paraphrase suggests not merely a rejection of all objective criteria but
>respect for the empirical, with a strong pragmatic component.
>[snip]
>    The day I see Walt step out of his Ferrari with a new R8 with 35-70/2.8
>Asph. hanging off his neck and a gold Rolex on his wrist will be the day I
>seriously consider giving up photography.  Short of that, or compared to
>that, almost anything seems plausible.
>
>Joe Sobel

gentlemen,

this is the greatest user's group on this side of the planet! let's keep it
that way! everyone, keep on doing what you do! don't anybody change!

seen with a modicum of humor, the recent *hot* threads lashing about the
lug are wildly hilarious - every bit as good as a family-style arguement
that's gotten out of hand and has everyone jabbering in his corner, no one
understanding anyone else but disputing as if his life depended on it!

no, i'm not being ironic! (note the exclamation point!) seriously, this is
as good as it gets! i can't even express in mere language how truly
wonderful this all is!!!

guy!