Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin Puts
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:39:28 -0700

On 3 Nov 2000, B. D. Colen wrote, at least in part:

> Or some kind of expert on "ethics," or some kind of expert on
> Judaic law, or.....but I digress....and I think someone owes Erwin
> an apology to speak of him in the same breath as that vicious,
> bigoted, bitch...Damn! There goes my Tourrets again...sorry..;-)

Her credentials, or lack of them, shouldn't be in question! I
happen to like her ethics, do not consider her a bigot in the
slightest, and like her occasional references to things Jewish. I
don't recall her claiming to be an expert on Judaic law. To
borrow from Henry Posner in a recent Hasselblad List post, If
you assemble 5 noted Rabbis and ask them to discuss Judaic
law, you'll surely have more than 5 opinions (they should be
subscribers here). The girl has values that I like and you
don't...simple! No need for the ad hominem argument.

Erwin, if you were mentioned in the same breath as Laura, feel
proud!

Zum beispiel, Since we're on things that go beyond Leica, I'd
like to make a plea for language less obscene and profane.
There are sensibilities on this list that harm no one and, I'm
sure are repulsed by the too often used language. Before you
get all worked up, I am not one of them. I can dish it out with
the best of them, but choose not to on a public forum, like this.
I think that we owe the subscribers language that does not
offend, realizing that we don't know, well, all the list. Save the
intimate language for those with whom you are intimate.

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica