Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/1.7 Voigt Pics
From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:43:37 -0800

Steve Gandy:

The photos that individual obtained at Hearst Castle were good. However, if
you want some outstanding photos of that brilliant country house, order from
Amazon or a local bookstore the just-released book by author Victoria
Kastner and California photographer Victoria Garagliano, "Hearst Castle". It
is hardbound, measures 9 x 12 ", and is 240 pages of sumptuous photography
inside and outside the castle with accompanying text covering Hearst's and
the castle's history, including, of course, his long-term relationship with
his mistress, Marion Davies. The book does not state which camera equipment
Garagliano used, but that is irrelevant, for the lighting of the gigantic
rooms as well as the smaller ones for each shot is wonderful and the scanned
photos are sharp. I have studied Hearst and all facets of his life since
college and there has never been a book as super as this one on the castle.
Now, if I could only find time to finally get to San Simeon to expose some
slide film!

Terry