Subject: [Leica] Digital: just drip, drip, drip
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:11:42 -0600

> Hey, if you only used a digital camera, then you wouldn't have these problems.
>
> (Note: For the humor impaired, that was a joke)

Digital cameras don't work. First, there's no place to put the film. I
looked and looked and finally found a place called "BATT" that looked like
it might work, but it was too small for the film. I jammed it in as best I
could and then whacked it with a hammer. Next, I realized that the image was
on the little screen in back when I saw the camera in the store, so I pried
that off to get at the film. But--nothing. Finally someone told me the
film's permanently in the camera, so I just dunked the whole damn thing in a
tank of D-76 and agitated. I wasn't too hopeful that that would work and I
was right, there just doesn't seem to be any image anywhere. Maybe it's in
the roll of film I put in "BATT", but I wouldn't know, because now I can't
get it back out.

I'm sometimes a little slow to catch on to new technology. But I'm forced to
conclude, as the result of my personal experiments, that digital cameras
generally just kinda sit there, dripping. (You can quote my results if you
like. Do it like this: "they just kinda sit there, dripping.")  Maybe I'll
take a picture of it with my Leica.

Bye for now,

- --L. T. Gray