Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Wedding Shots
From: "M.E.Berube" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:47:23 -0500

At 11:13 PM 11/1/00 -0800, John Gong wrote:
>Michael,
>
>This is a nice collection of photos. You took good advantage of the lovely
>setting. The Leica lens did a good job of capturing the colors even in the
>extreme exposure variations within some of the shots. The groom by the tree
>is quite memorable, although there is another tree coming out of his head...

Yeah...that bugged the Hel out of me too when I got the proofs back. Don't
know if it was parallax or my own inattention to detail. (I'm usually more
careful than that with plants and crosses and the like.) Luckily, no one
but photographers have noticed it. The groom thinks it one of the best
photos he's ever had of himself. (go figure)

I am very happy with the 40 Summicron except the frame isn't there in the
M5 and it isn't screw mount and versatile like all my other lenses. I'll
likely hang onto it until I get the 50 Summitar or Nokton that I want and a
35 Summicron or Ultron to replace it.

Thanks for the feedback John.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube