Subject: [Leica] Wisdom from Ecuador
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 18:47:01 -0600

> The issue isn't what the equivalent is... the issue is whether or not you
> can tell the difference in the final result, whether it's a print, printed
> piece or website etc....   And then most importantly whether it matters or
> not.

Thanks, Duane, for adding this highly logical contribution. The issue
*isn't* what duplicates any existing technique...the issue is whether the
new technique has similar subjective appeal and functioning.

Believe me, people tried to convince me for *years* that digital is as good
as film by counting pixels. What they failed to realize is, I don't care. I
only care if it looks good. Once it did, I said it did. Before it did, no
technical argument was going to convince me that it did, or to say so.

Of course, *now* no one cares what I think. Ahhhh. Lucky me. <g>

- --Mike