Subject: Re: [Leica] some recent pictures
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:06:48 -0500

on 1/11/00 12:00 pm, Steve LeHuray at icommag@toad.net wrote:

> Interesting....scenes that I do not remember seeing when I use to live in
> Toronto. Of these, nothing that jumps out and grabs me. I am wondering what
> the point is, the rundown side of Toronto? Need a theme? Next summer do
> 'Cottage Country' the other side of 'Human Traffic.' While HT is at 1.4,
> dark and glum, CC at 8.0, bright and happy.

I don't know what the point is yet, Steve. That's the point! These were
actually taken as a scouting mission for 4x5 pictures. One point I suppose
is that within 5 years this whole area will be gone as it is about to be
redeveloped for the olympic bid. There's a notion that these 'derelict'
areas aren't used but in fact they're used by all sorts of people for all
sorts of things. This is something I want to explore more. I suppose the
nearest I have to a point is something about the way people use the
interstices of a city... but it is very early days in this one. Once I
discover a theme I will nail it to my head, I promise.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com