Subject: Re: [Leica] I go historical
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:39:21 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:05:11 -0600 Mike Johnston
<michaeljohnston@ameritech.net> wrote:

> >> I think it best to leave this list now.
> >
> > because some people disagree with you?
>

> Seems like a good enough reason to me. First whiff of anyone ever
> disagreeing with me, I book. I'm like, gone, man. Outta here. History. In
> the wind.
>
> But it just never happens.
>
> <:-()
>
> --Mike

Mike, etc, have ya'll ever thought of the SIZE of ego that it takes to make a
"well, I'm pissed, and I'm leaving, and you will regret it when I'm gone" post?

Only on the "elitist" groups (Leica, Collins radio, tube audio, guitar) groups
do you see this crap....
When I get pissed and leave (regularly) all you see is........................
(nothing).

And don't give me any "sensitivity/feelings" bullshit, I work at a university,
I heard PLENTY of that in the last ten years...

I wouldn't even take that crap from my family....they know where the damn door is,
just go through it if you have a problem.

I could not IMAGINE working for/with this guy... BTW, do any of us even know
who/what he is?....does SOMEONE have to work for/ with him?...

Photographers did damn well with Leicas (and many others) prior to all this obsessive
hair splitting crap...they bought the best they could afford/get, and made
significant and timeless images with them....much better than most of us accomplish
in our cushy, pitiful little jobs and lives (apologies to Ted/Tina/Donal/etc--those
actually nervy enough to DO photography for a living).

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
I'm mad and I'm leaving now (NO such luck, just kidding)

Walt