Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] Calculations wrong?
From: austin@darkroom.com
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:15:11 -0800

> We're getting darned close to the crossover point where
> for consumer 35mm-equivalent image capture digital gives
> as good or better resolution than film - in actual use,
> not in the theoretical-limits sense.

No, in actual use, they don't (yet).  You can't name a
consumer 35mm-equivelent image capture (device) that gives
as good or better resolution than film.

Before you believe things like this (this being hype)
please go use a digital back that gives you 6M pixels and
see if you think it's near what you can get with a Leica
prime on decent film.

If close, to you, is 5 years, then that's a different
story.

- -----

Replies: Reply from Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Calculations wrong?)