Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras as checked luggage
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:50:13 -0800

Brian Reid wrote:

> years
> I've done it another way, that is much less work for me. I use only white
> cases; I paint them white if I can't buy white ones. I put a red Biohazard
> label on both sides of the case, and I add a label that says "Medical
> samples" and another saying "AID Center for Disease Evaluation". I've never
> had a problem. After I pick up the checked bag and I'm ready to use it on
> the job I tape a real label over the fake biohazard labels.<<<<<<<

Hi Brian.
Damn that's the slickest thing I've heard in all my years of traveling with
camera gear. I have a number of associates in the medical field I'm going to
hit them up for labels along your line. Great idea, certainly spook off any
would be pick-up artist, airport or otherwise.

Thanks very much for an absolutely super suggestion.

Do you get questions when checking in the cases at the airline counter? Or if
flying into other countries any customs inquiries?

ted

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Cameras as checked luggage)
Message from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Cameras as checked luggage)