Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: JOBO Nova black-and-white processor
From: ken@iisaka.org
Date: 31 Oct 2000 12:52:28 -0800

Tom,

Thanks for the pointer.  I will look through TAP Plastics' on-line catalogue, and draw a plan for a 16x20" or 20x24" processor.  I figure that each of the baths should be at least 18x22x0.5" and 22x26x0.5" respectively.  That will hold about 3200/4700 millilitre of chemicals, about the same as Nova.  It would be desirable to make the openings of each baths a little wider like Nova, but I think that is critical only for the developer bath.  The whole assembly will hold nearly 13/19 litre of chemicals, so it needs to be sturdy.  I have reservations about simply using the light diffuser to separate the baths: when filling and emptying, there may be too much stress placed on the dividers.  Still, their Prismatic Panel in the 0.15" thickness may be a good candidate.  I suspect that the texture is on only one side, so epoxying two back-to-back will probably work.  You then need four sturdy PVC boards for the four sides, and one for the bottom.  So you need:

20x24" processor:

8 Prismatic Panels, 22x26x0.15"
2 PVC boards: 3.7x22.5x0.25"
2 PVC boards: 22.5"x26.5"x0.25"
1 PVC board: 3.7x26.5"

16x20" processor:

8 Primsmatic Panels, 18x22x0.15"
2 PVC boards: 3.7x18.5x0.25"
2 PVC boards: 18.5x22.5x0.25"
1 PVC board: 3.7x22.5"

Much sanding and smoothing would be needed at the top of the dividers, too.

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: JOBO Nova black-and-white processor)