Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm Elmarit-R versions
From: Axel Schwieker <axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:50:34 +0100

"Anderson, Ferrel E" wrote:

[Elmarit-R 28, first Version]
> An advantage is the removable
> lens hood, which is rectangular, and probably provides
> better shielding than the
> circular, extendable hood of the current version.

The current version has a build in hood, but it as also rectangular.
Nevertheless the old version is a great performer and shows very little
flare, despite its high number of glass elements.

I recommend both versions, esp. over the disappointing Elmarit-R 24. If
you want to go really wide, do yourself a favor and get an Elmarit-R 19
or the old Super Angulon.

Regards, Axel

Replies: Reply from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] 28mm Elmarit-R versions)