Subject: [Leica] Can anyone explain
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:59:50 +0100

Look at the facts: I noted earlier  that you should aim for the 135MB
possible with Kodachrome or even better hi-res BW film. I am shot dead for
this proposal, as it exemplifies The Idiots Approach To Ridiculous HiRes
Photography.
Then I note that maybe 20Mb would be a sensible compromise and I am again
shot dead because film can handle 100Mb or more and now it exemplifies The
Idiots Approach to Ridiculous Claims by Digital Photography.
I am confused!
Can anyone explain?

Erwin
<<<<<

It's simple enough really, Erwin. On the one hand you you're up against
those who think that having a leica makes you a kind of guerilla
photographer who shoots tri-x at 3200 and must shun flash, tripods etc. on
principle, and on the other those who have an unreasoned hostility to
digital. Since both these positions are completely unexamined and
irrational, your extreme rationality pisses both camps off.
Most likely many of those who hate and fear digital are _also_ shooting
tri-x @ 3200.
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36