Subject: [Leica] Re: How many fairies are dancing on the head of a pin?
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:46:32 -0800

At 5:57 PM -0800 10/30/00, Jim Brick wrote:
>At 04:22 PM 10/30/00 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>>
>>What does that expression mean anyhew?
>>"How many fairies are dancing on the head of a pin?" he asked Cottingley
>>How did that expression come about?
>>somebody was arguing with somebody.
>>Was in Sir Arthur Canon Doyle? Harry Houdini? Albert Einstein? Sir Eastman
>Kodak?
>>
>>Mark Rabiner Esq.
>
>But the real answer is...
>
>10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
>
>as calculated by Dr. Phil Schewe

Unfortunately, to continue this slightly O-T thread, Dr. Schewe dealt
in only one dimenion. We must assume his pin-tip has a second
dimension, so you would have to square that number and multiply by
pi/4. Also, you might be able to pile them 10 million or so deep....

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com