Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a thought
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:44:58 -0500

> From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a thought

> Close....My point is that what collectors are collecting - on the whole -
is photography, work by noted photographers, NOT examples of printing
technology. As digital printing matures, and as it becomes the standard  -
and it will - it will be just as collectible as "silver"
> prints are - because the collectible photographers will be printing
digitally...

> B. D.

B. D., as someone who's been putting in long hours FB printing this past
week, I've been following what you're saying. I don't want to be
contentious, as I am actually quite ignorant about most printing processes,
but my first concern is longevity: are the new digital prints as archival as
the old wet prints?

Cheers, Dave

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Just a thought)
Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Just a thought)